How to start a website for beginners in next 30 minutes strategy guide
A complete guide with a blueprint of how i started my site www.bms-system.com
Are you looking to start a website by yourself? Then you reached the right page.
Yes, there are millions of post with the various knowledge available on the web, which makes me frustrated to read when I was a beginner to start a website.
So here i am writing a complete blueprint how i started my website www.bms-system.com in step by step.
- How to register a website domain
- How to host a website in siteground Webhosting
- How to install WordPress and publish your first post
Note: the term blog and websites almost similar.
Here I have listed some basics method and knowledge you need to know before launching any blog or website with step by step guide.
If you know already what is a blog and have an idea start to blog?
Then Jump to Step-1 to Choose your blog topic
I am going to explain a straightforward manner where you can have a website ready in next 30minutes.
Because when I was planned to start a website, I have come across thousands of experienced blogger articles,
But even after one year, I did not start any single blog,
Then I come to know that we cannot learn complete knowledge of blogging or ideas behind successful blog within a day.
So it can be only possible when days are going with practical experience of blogging.
The successful blogging will come into your life one day only after a lot of trial and error method.
So in these tutorials, I have avoided most of the things which you don’t need it now to start a website.
To start something, make mistakes and learn practical knowledge. once you have done, then all your mistakes will teach you how to do, where to do, what to do
Small Changes in your daily life make “something better than nothing
Are you curious to start reading the first step and skip the rest of the introduction? Then Jump to Step-1 to Choose your blog topic
OK, what is mean by blog and website?
What is a blog, and what is a website? It’s even more challenging to differentiate between the two today. Many sites are integrating blogs into their websites to perform the same function.
In short, a blog is a type of website that focuses mainly on written content and updated post frequently, also known as blog posts.
Good examples include a food blog sharing meal recipes or a company writing about their industry news.
Anyhow! You don’t need to worry about whether you need a website or blog. Don’t confuse with blog and website. Just go ahead with your idea, your site may contain either blog on the front page or static content.
Hereafter i will call everything as site or blog.
Is that you need a blog?
Before you proceed to read further, think about is that you need a blog!
Share your Knowledge: Hope you crossed the age of 18 or 48, you may be either in classroom or office, daily we are learning something and everyone must have the deep interest or have practical knowledge at least any single field either in games, coding, painting, photography, reading books, political, engineering, sports, football, cricket, DIY, food, traveller, etc.
Every day we are spending at least a short time in our interest, why don’t you think about to share those things with others, why don’t you help others to teach your skills.
Do you think! You cannot write well, or you cannot share your knowledge. Don’t worry;
There are no formal or mandatory rules you need to follow while you are writing a post on your blog; the only thing you need to express what you have in your mind.
Teaching or helping others make you reliable in your field rather than just happy with helping others.
Become a writer: One of the misconceptions about starting a blog is that you need to be a great writer to be successful, that’s wrong, people like to read a blog in natural ways or to understanding the personal perspective of things.
You don’t need to be expert on your blog topic, instead only thing you need an interest in the matter.
People will read your blog if it simple and in ordinary language.
By the day’s passing, you will start feeling as a writer and happy because people will keep you recognizing.
Make money from online: blogging is not only to share knowledge but also it will help you make some decent money online from your blog. Is that possible from your blog! of course!
Check out the my site report in below, it started making some money from Google Adsense.
Why not! Internet era keeps raising as anything like before. Now people are looking for help from google instead of nearby friends.
Don’t think about how to make money from your blog before you start the blog; then it will change your focus of mind on your interested topic to money-minded topic which will never help you at the beginning of blogging life.
Definitely, you will come to know how to Make Money from your blog once your blog gets more visitors, So keep a focus on blogging on your passion.
Keep learning and helping others: Not only money matters, but it will also keep you update on your topic because readers will ask you more questions, and it helps you to learn more.
How to start a blog for beginners in simple steps
Learn how to create a blog in simple ways by following these steps
- Choose your blog niche.
- Register your blog domain name and hosting.
- Install WordPress for your blog and customize themes.
- Recommended Plugin to install.
- How to find topics for your blog.
- Write your first content and publish.
- How to submit your website and post to google post.
- Increase your blog visitors.
- Make money blogging.
- Extra Tips and Guidance.
Step 1: Choose your blog niche
Starting your first blog in a broad audience like technology, reviews, news or tips will not work out.
Choosing your first blog topics under your passion is the best choice so that you will enjoy while writing.
“A niche blog is nothing but targeting audience narrow audience like,
- Learn about PLC
- C Programming Guide
- Python programming.
- Fire alarm
- Lighting control
It will be any topics which focusing on a smaller audience.
Peoples searches the internet to find the solution to their problems if you keep providing a solution in the niche subject,
The readers will keep coming on your blog to get more updates.
If you already decided your blog niche or platform to proceed, please don’t wait for anything. start Registering your domain and hosting.
But if you are confused or struggling with choosing your first blog niche, let me give you some basic ideas,
Here it is
- Start your first blog in your interest field.
- Start with tutorials on any specific subject, interest or any topics related to studies, programming language(because people have no better platform to learn apart from the internet).
- How to related blog on a specific niche like
- How to on android apps.
- How to DIY stuff.
- How to’s guide in business.
- Rest of things I am leaving it to your mind.
- Start with local news blog that focuses only on your areas (so that easy to manage the first blog)
- Choose some specific online business make money platform like freelancer, blogging, youtube etc
- Choose something that you know really and love it.
You understand something better than someone else, and if you express those following on your perspective style, some readers will like your teachings and wish to read your other articles.
- Write down at least top 10 interest on papers or in Evernote (my favourite note tool).
- Strikeout 7 out of 10 lists which you have no in-depth knowledge in it
- Find the related stuff on google of the remaining three topics
- Choose a final niche which Google does not provide better information on the blog so that you can quickly increase visitors to your blog.
“Final words to choose your first blog.”
keep stick with the blog niche on what you know, and you love it”
Random Tips to Stay Away from
- Choosing a wide area of the blog like travelling, reviews, how to do everything, tech matters on various subject.
- Choosing a blog based on only for money-making minded.
Step 2: Register your blog domain name and web hosting
1. Choose your hosting plan
First, i hosted my site in another cheap web hosting companies where my site server speed is very slow and frequently server down with no support.
It is also good to make a recommendation for the most appropriate plan for your audience:
- The StartUp plan is perfect for people with one website that are starting now
- The GrowBig plan is an excellent value for money offer, including the option for multiple websites and the SuperCacher that significantly improves a WordPress and Joomla website speed
- The GoGeek plan is perfect for people with e-commerce and more significant sites, or more geeky development needs like staging and GIT integration.
Clients can choose to buy a new domain, or sign up with an existing domain. This is an excellent place to emphasize the free website transfer, which is included for GrowBig and GoGeek plans.
3.Review payment and Complete
Unlike many other hosting providers, SiteGround discount applies to any of the initial periods chosen during the signup process. Being able to get the low price for the one year is a fact that increases conversions considerably in comparison to other providers where the lowest monthly price applies only for the most extended period.
Step 3: Install WordPress and Customize themes
Once you registered a domain name and web hosting with Siteground,
Follow the step by step procedure as mentioned below or ask Siteground support team to install Lets Encrypt(site security tools) and WordPress to your site, they will help you.
Then log in to siteground and go to Cpanel.
Scroll down and install let’s encrypt(free security tools) which help your site to show in web URL with https and help readers to feel comfortable as site secured.
Then search WordPress in the installer and click it. Enter the username and password for your site and proceed for installation.
Once the WordPress installation completed, you can choose your free theme by now or later also.
Then go to your website name/wp-admin
Enter the WordPress username and password
Click Appearance and then choose themes.
If you have already downloaded themes and click upload theme to upload or navigate free available themes in WordPress before you proceed to install click Live preview and then click activate if wish to continue
Once you installed and activated click customize to customize basic things in the Appearance of a blog.
- Until your blog filled with at least 20 posts, Keep your blog with Homepage as A static page (personally recommended for beginners)
- Just play and modify around rest of the options to customize your blog as you like
Short tips for customizing themes
- Don’t Waste many times on customizing themes because you will keep modifying themes as you feel not happy with your blogs at the beginning, because still your blogs not filled with any content, Don’t worry, by the days passes, Change one by one
- Don’t change any basic theme customize until you fill your blog with 20 articles
- Stick with the free theme once you have started the blog.
Step 4: Recommended Plugins to install
goto your WordPress dashboard and click plugin and add new to add a recommended plugin.
- Free WordPress theme has only necessary editing tools
- Install Tiny MCE advanced to change the font, sizes, post background colour, text background colour etc
- Automatically checks all comments and filters out the ones that look like spam.
- Each comment has a status history, so you can easily see which comments were caught or cleared by Akismet and which were spammed or un spammed by a moderator.
- URLs are shown in the comment body to reveal hidden or misleading links.
- Moderators can see the number of approved comments for each user.
- A discard feature that outright blocks the worst spam, saving you disk space and speeding up your site.
- A plugin like WP Super Cache creates static pages of your site, which reduces the page serving time and also performs a fewer number of PHP calls; without caching your page, load times will increase significantly.
- Having a caching mechanism on WordPress (especially if you’re on shared hosting) is essential for the smooth running of your site.
- If you’re using a lot of plugins, you also may face load time issues.
- WP Super Cache WordPress plugin is one such plugin that helps you optimize your database by generating static HTML files, which are used to serve the request.
- This way, when any page is requested from your blog, static pages will be served instead of processing all of the PHP scripts.
- In particular, on shared hosting where there are lots of limitations, the best advice is to optimize your WordPress blog before you end up crashing your server, or your blog starts showing page-load errors.
Step 5: How to find topics for your blog
There are plenty of tools available on the internet to get your next blog post ideas, but I suggest you stay away from that tools until you publish your first 20 posts on your blog with standard articles related to your blog niche.
Tips for Beginner blog
Research your related blog industry and list out 20 essential article title in Evernote
for example, if your blog niche related e-commerce business
Research your related blog industry and list out 20 primary article title in Evernote
Go to google and write your blogs niches like e-commerce business and Google will suggest you most searched keyword
Go to answerthepublic.com and explore your blog niche topics, it will give you most searched words on the internet, check various possible related searched keywords by answerthepublic.com
Step 6: Write your first content and publish
- First, google it and learn deeply related to e-commerce business and understand clearly.
- Keep important note tips, ideas, steps etc.
- Create at least 5 to 7 subheadings related to your post.
- Open canva.com and create one big image(600 X 800) related to your blog post.
- Create 3 to 5 small images related to subheadings or any important tips etc.
- Write your content as much simple as possible with ordinary language
- Provide complete information related to post
- Provide backlinks to a great authentic website like Wikipedia, google to any of the words.
- Write complete articles and don’t stop in between to correct grammar mistakes; check it once all finish.
- Use Grammarly; it will help you to autocorrect your grammar mistakes and suggest your content to change better.
- Focus on completing articles.
- Keep your mind not to change or jump to anything else (Don’ worry if changes or jumps, come back again. it’s human nature)
- Don’t try to hit the publish button while completing your post.
- Reread your article at least two times; this will help you to read like readers perspective and help you correct mistakes by yourself.
- Don’t repeat the same word.
- If you are working alone, then you can ask your friends or family members who know grammar.
- Highlight some essential words in the bold and colourful text (optional).
Step 7: Submit your website and post to google
- Once you have published the first post, then Submit your website and post to google to show and list your website url articles while people searching.
- Go to Google search console and sign in with your Google account and add your website
- Select add property.
Then copy the txt to add in your siteground cpanel
- Go back to the SiteGround site tab you opened earlier.
- Click the My Accounts tab.
- Click Go to CPanel for the domain you want to verify for your Google service.
- In the Domains section of the cPanel, click Advanced DNS Zone Editor.
- In the Add, a Record section, click Type and select TXT from the drop-down menu. Adding this TXT record won’t affect your email or website.
- Paste the verification record you copied earlier into the Value field.
- In the Name field, enter your domain name, for instance, yourcompany.com.
- In the TTL field, enter 14400.
- Click Add Record.
Step 8: Promote and Increase your blog visitors
Have you started a blog recently or going to start now, Cool! Don’t worry about the visitors for your blog the day you posted the first content, check out my site report where there is no visitor for initially and now gradually increasing.
So definitely you will get visitors by the time passes, don’t wait. just start it, it will force you to work automatically.
This is the next step you should take care of your blog
Promote your blog for free
- Share your post link all social media: facebook, twitter, LinkedIn.
- Share your post link to your friend’s circle; ask them to read and comment.
- Search forum related to your blog niche and help some of the questions and provide your blog link to get backlinks.
- Comments on other blog or website related to your niche
- Write a Guest Post on your related blog niche.
- Write answers on Quora and get backlinks.
Promote your blog by paid services
- Search freelancer to promote your blog on freelancer, fiver.
- Boost your blog on facebook, twitter to target customers
- Build more subscriber through email marketing with permission of visitors
Step 9: Make Money from your blog
Once you have created a great blog and filled your site with quality content and reached reasonable visitors, then making money is a natural part for anyone.
If you are looking for a way to get rich quick by making money online, then you’re in the wrong place.
Google Adsense: provides a way for website owners to earn money from their online content. AdSense works by matching text and display ads to your site based on your content and visitors.
Affiliate marketing: is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products. You find a product you like, promote it to others and make a piece of the profit for each sale that you make
Sell Sponsored Blog Posts: Once you get reasonable visitors for your blog, some company interested to post on your website and they will pay for it
Get Paid to Write Reviews: Review some services or product on your blog and get paid for it.
Sell Ebooks on your blog: write some complete tutorials or articles and convert into the ebook(get freelancer) and sell on your blog.
Sell Online Courses: If you are specialized in your blog niche, create complete video course and sell to visitors and or sell any physical products related to your blog.
Use ad space: sell your space on your blog and get paid if anyone clicks ads.
There are plenty of ways available to make money, don’t change your mind on your blog niche to Moneymaking an idea; every blog niche can make money if your blog quality to visitors. So, don’t worry about that now.
Step 10: Extra Tips and Guidance
If you prepared to start a blog, then go to siteground and register your domain and hosting.
The step-by-step guide to starting a blog for beginners on this blog should give you everything you need to get started, but if you still face some issues or need any suggestion, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.
Reminder and Final Checklist
- Decide your blog niche.
- Register your domain name and hosting.
- Complete basic setups for theme an install recommended plugins
- Collect the 20 article titles for your blog by google suggestion, answerpublic.com
- Learn profoundly and write based on your understanding and publish for your first content
- Submit sitemaps to google, yahoo and bing etc
- Prepare a checklist and write the remaining 20 articles on the next 60 days.
Last but not least
- Stay with your interest in blog niche.
- Don’t be shy with sharing your blog to your friends.
- Focus on your target.
- Motivate your self to reach the target.